Google+ The Synchronetic ET, LLC Blog, brought to you by Etape Partners, LLC.: When Time Stood Still: In consideration of spending time on discourse relating to matters that we cannot conclude.

Friday, June 7, 2013

When Time Stood Still: In consideration of spending time on discourse relating to matters that we cannot conclude.


When Time Stood Still:  In consideration of spending time on discourse relating to matters that we cannot conclude. 
I seem to have found a discussion where time has stopped.  Very refreshing because it means that I definitely cannot be wasting it and that I need not be concerned with the future.  Very rare conditions.  So with every assurance that I am not being wasteful, here are my Current, and Future thoughts on the subject.

When time stood still, we were freed from having to expect that our knowledge, awareness and potential for understanding would continue to grow and expand. 
In many ways this was easier for us, because we could say things like, “we will never understand” and “we will never know”.  It is always easier to put a stake in the ground like this and define future potential as The Now, and proclaim that certain things are never going to be understood because they are simply beyond the comprehension of man. 
Throughout history, I think that this sort of definitism has been defied in countless ways by man’s creation of simple things such as cars, “which would never out race a horse”, or a computer, “which could never know more than a man”.  But if we assume that our historical progression is now terminal, well that of course changes everything, or nothing, as the case would be.
I agree with the statement that “We will never be greater than ourselves”, but to be any more positive about our future capabilities assumes that you know more than you are reasonably able to know, and that your understanding of the infinite is already within your grasp.  The Faith that gives you this confidence is unquestionably a powerful thing, but it also does not provide you with the tools necessary to demonstrate Truth. 
Our reliance on Mystery is but a 3 sided square.  We can forever believe that the 4th side exists and that we have Faith that the 4th side finishes the square, but there is Mystery that prevents us from knowing for sure.  It is entirely possible that it simply is not a square, and we cannot will three lines into being something that they are not.  And this also would be True if time stood still.
And by now, after 5 paragraphs of writing, even I have decided that I will not be able to articulate the future at the moment.  But it was not my Thesis that “we will never know”, I am simply using the seeming strength and fortitude of such an uncomplicated proclamation as my foundation for building. 
My Building however, has now reached a level where construction must end, because either time has stopped, or I will inevitably soon get too close to the Sun, and melt, but that is another story already told, so instead I will simply say that since it is a foregone conclusion that this is a discussion in pursuit of something we “will never understand”, and based on a level of “knowingness” that I will never understand, I must already be in contempt of the Providential  Order of “things”( and by the way, is it actually possible to be in contempt of something Pre-ordained?), and have already misused too many key-strokes, and digital bits( that someone else probably needs more than I do), so to continue on is nothing more than selfish, and I think we should all stop based on that consideration.  It is in fact entirely possible that I am right after all.
* This was my response in a recent discussion regarding the existence of a higher power, often referred to as “god”, who is arguable beyond comprehension by man.